- Anxiety Disorder vs. Panic Disorder: What’s the Difference?
Are anxiety disorder and panic disorder the same thing or different? Find out in our anxiety disorder vs panic disorder breakdown.Read More »
- Halfway Homes vs. Sober Living vs. Transitional Living
Is there a difference between halfway homes, sober living homes, and transitional living homes? Or are they the same? Let's find out...Read More »
- Anger Disorders & Substance Abuse: What You Should Know
A number of emotional disorders have been associated with addiction... But what about anger? Are anger disorders and addiction related?Read More »
- Will My Health Insurance Plan Cover a Sober Living Home?
- Which Mental Health Disorders Increase Vulnerability to Addiction?
There are many things that can lead to addiction, including mental disorders. So let's look at the top mental health disorders that can lead to addiction.Read More »
- Tolerance, Dependence, Addiction: Is There a Difference?
Tolerance. Chemical dependence. Addiction. These are common terms, but it's not easy to know which is right in each situation. So let's break them down.Read More »
- Are Creative People More Likely to Become Addicted?
Many brilliant creatives have had lifelong struggles with substance abuse... Why? Is there a connection between creativity and addiction? Let's find out.Read More »
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment: What’s the Difference?
All addiction treatment programs are either inpatient or inpatient. But what's the difference? This is our inpatient vs. outpatient breakdown.Read More »
- Common Excuses People Give to Avoid Rehab (& How to Respond)
People avoid addiction treatment for many reasons, so we put together a list of the most common excuses people avoid rehab and how you can overcome them.Read More »
- The Serenity Prayer
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” The Serenity Prayer The Serenity Prayer’s AA History This simple prayer holds particular significance in the recovery community, especially in 12-Step groups. In fact, some refer to it as “the... View moreRead More »
- 7 Relapse Prevention Strategies That Actually Work
- Mindfulness and Addiction
Mindfulness. It’s a fascinating concept and one that can greatly help a person on their road to recovery. As the word implies, mindfulness is the ability to objectively interpret events without influence of your own personal bias. It’s a person’s impartial, conscious understanding or awareness of the world around them in the present moment. One... View moreRead More »
- Overcoming Old Habits
Our lives run on the habits we create. Just about everything we do in life is based off a habit we’ve developed at some point in time. Some habits help us in life, while others hold us back. Some bad habits, like an addiction, can negatively impact your ability to live your best life.Read More »